I-League: Robertson comes to the rescue of Real Kashmir against TRAU | Soccer News

NAIHATI (West Bengal): Captain Mason Robertson scored in the seventh minute of injury time to help Real Kashmir escape with a 1-1 draw and prevent TRAU’s victory in the final match of phase one of the I-League on Tuesday.
Robertson was helped by defender Ponif Vaz, restoring parity in the last minute of the game.
The match was 0-0 written all over until the 87th minute when Fernandinho opened the account for TRAU with what looked like a winning goal. Real Kashmir didn’t remain silent as they grabbed the equalizer via their captain.
Real Kashmir almost had their nose in front in five minutes. Ragav Gupta kicked the ball into the box for Kouassi Bernard, whose header beat goalkeeper Amrit Gope but the ball was cleared off the line by TRAU skipper Helder Lobato.
The defender was on his toes again just after a few minutes to stop another goalscoring opportunity he had been warned for.
TRAU had an opportunity after a good build up play down the left. Krishnananda Singh slid the ball towards Kishan Singh who was on an overlapping run. The low cross came in and eventually fell on Fernandinho who couldn’t keep his shot on target.
The next attack down the left saw Fayazuddin whipping a fine cross towards Salam Johnson Singh but the striker couldn’t convert it.
A crucial and timely tackle from Ponif Vaz, midway through the first half, saved Khanngam Horam from a shot after being put on goal by Fernandinho.
After a series of TRAU attacks, Real Kashmir charged forward. Ragav Gupta played a nice ball towards Kouassi Bernard. The ball came out of Gerard Williams’ header and fell on Bernard when the striker passed the keeper but still couldn’t score as he hit the post.
The second half started exactly as the first ended. Fernandinho danced past his marker and tried to curl his effort into the far post.
However, Kumar was quick enough to dive right, get his hands on it and put it back for a corner. The skippers joined in the TRAU penalty area when Mason Robertson was stopped by Helder Ribeiro. The defenses of both sides were top notch.
Sudeva Delhi defeats Kenkre 1-0
A deflected goal from Shubho Paul helped Sudeva Delhi FC to a narrow 1-0 victory over Kenkre FC on the final day of the first phase.
Sudeva fired first blood as the ball fell on Shubho Paul inside the box and the youngster hit it hard and saw it ripple across the back of the net after catching a slight deflection from Nongkhlow in the 13th minute.
Gokulam Kerala FC beaten round glass punjab HR 3-1
Reigning champions Gokulam Kerala FC beat RoundGlass Punjab 3-1 at Kalyani Stadium.
In the 13th minute, Gokulam Kerala took the lead through Bouba Aminou, who scored with a header from a corner chance.
The leveler came on in the 48th minute as Kean Lewis’ delivery from a corner kick wreaked havoc in the penalty area and headed into his own net through Bouba.
Gokulam Kerala regained the lead in the 63rd minute through Luka Majcen. The score became 1-3 in the 72nd minute after Josef Yarney inadvertently turned a close-range cross into a goal.

Comments are closed.